June 14, 2004
All about me
If ***Dave jumped off a bridge I would too so I thought answering these questions looked like a good idea.
1. What image is on your desktop? (include a screen capture if you can!)
I am running through Buffy/Angel characters. Today it's Willow.
2. Which websites do you visit most? (gimme links!)
Google image searches and Drudge Report.
3. What are you obsessed by?
Making the perfect omelette.
4. Name one artist/musician/writer that inspires you (pick one or more)?
5. What are you working on now (outside of your journal)?
A book project.
6. What do you read in bed?
Right now I am reading The Dilbert Principle.
7. Favorite city? Why?
London. Everything I need can be found in Zone 1 and Zone 2.
8. To you, what qualifies as a good celebration?
Business meetings involving mojitos.
9. If you only had 3 albums of music to take to a desert island, what would they be and why?
I would rather leave them. Anything I took would be ruined for me in short order.
10. If you could do anything else with your life, what would it be?
Discover Ghost of a flea in the blogroll at InstaPundit.
11. What keeps you awake at night?
There used to be squirrels in the attic but having discouraged them I sleep just fine.
12. And finally, any famous last words?
Semper ubi sub ubi.
But enough about me. What do you think of me?
Posted by Ghost of a flea at June 14, 2004 08:59 AM
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference All about me:
? Moi, moi, moi! from Abraca-Pocus!
Via the Flea and Dave. All About Me Meme 1) What image is on your desktop? (include a screen capture if you can!) 2)Which websites do you visit most? (gimme links!) 3) What are you obsessed by?4) Name one artist/musician/writer [Read More]
Tracked on June 15, 2004 12:33 AM
Wow. Willow and Mojitos in a single post. Most excellent.
Posted by: *** Dave at June 14, 2004 10:36 AM
- Heat a 10"-12" pan thoroughly at about 8/10. High medium hot.
- Beat three large eggs with one half-shell amount of water
- prepare ingredients
- put about 1 tbsp of extra _light_ (not extra virgin) olive oil on the pan. Give 10-15 seconds to come up to temperature and roll around pan.
- put eggs on. If they don't immediately bubble and cook around the edges, you didn't make the pan hot enough
- keep pulling back the edges of the egg and letting the raw parts get to the plate. Try not to pull the egg open in the middle, as it may make the egg stick to the pan
- when egg isn't running well anymore, put the ingredients on in the center perpendicular to the handle.
- let cook for a few more seconds
- flip part of egg nearest the handle up onto the the ingredients
- grasp handle underhand and roll out onto plate such that it folds again
- shape with a paper napkin. Season with salt and pepper
- let sit for about 60 more seconds to finish cooking
Posted by: David at June 14, 2004 12:10 PM
I looooooove mojitos.I make a mean mojito.
Nice omelet technique description, David.
Posted by: Rue at June 14, 2004 05:26 PM
Who is the lady in the photo?
Posted by: Rick Hiebert at June 14, 2004 11:52 PM
That would be Alyson Hannigan, perhaps best known for her role as Willow in tv's "Buffy the Vampire Slayer."
Posted by: Flea at June 15, 2004 12:08 AM
Wow! Apparently, I am not watching enough tv.
Posted by: gordon at June 15, 2004 07:44 AM
When making an omelette don't scrape the eggs or fuck with them in the pan take the pan an shake it vigorously as you would when you make those popcorn thingys in the foil exploding pouch.
Also try not to work with cold eggs let them come up to room temperature.
My fave ingredients:
whole cooked aspargaus
Posted by: The Meatriarchy at June 15, 2004 10:26 AM
There must be a lot of make-up happening here because this girl looks way better here than she did in the TV show.
Posted by: Michael at June 21, 2004 08:18 AM
Hey! This is the first time your comments section has ever allowed me to post. I'd better start watching what I write. Ordinarily, I can count on it's being wiped out when I hit POST.
Posted by: Michael at June 21, 2004 08:19 AM