March 14, 2005
Five Things I've Done That You Probably Haven't
1. Had clearance for a nuclear submarine base and a pass to London Fashion Week. At the same time.
2. Been exorcised by an evangelical congregation. I did not feel at thing at the time and only found out a couple years after the fact.
3. Explained how Clive Barker's "Hellraiser" puzzle box works. To Clive Barker.
4. Opened my Sahasrara chakra, or crown chakra, and levitated six inches or so off the floor.
5. Flown to Paris for a blind date. That was a nice weekend.
Oh, let's make that "ten" shall we.
6. Done something most guys have wanted to do and have not. It was Beltaine.
7. Interviewed Poppy Z. Brite for her thoughts on voodoo.
8. Appeared in one of Tanya Huff's Keeper novels. I was not obviously a Keeper-in-training though a case could be made for the next installment.
9. Spent an afternoon at the Crown over a beer or two with Robert Holdstock learning how to speak Ice Age British.
10. Been offered love and hugs for my blog by Kylie Minogue.
Guess which one makes me happiest.
Posted by Ghost of a flea at March 14, 2005 04:59 AM
TrackBack URL for this entry:
"Flown to Paris for a blind date. That was a nice weekend."
Well, I lived there for four years. Does that count?
The nuke sub base thing is what I find most intriguing.
Posted by: Ben at March 14, 2005 06:48 PM
And that would be the thing I can't talk about... :p
Posted by: Ghost of a flea at March 14, 2005 07:00 PM
I assume it had to do with working for that defence contractor. (If I remember my Flea history rightly.) Ah, the things one gets with a top secret clearance...
Posted by: Ben at March 15, 2005 05:22 PM